openGear 2-Channel 12G-SDI to Single-Mode LC Fiber Transmitter
Product by: AJA Video Systems, Inc.
The OG-FiDO-2T-12G is a state of the art, openGear compatible, 2-channel 12G-SDI to Fiber converter, enabling 12G-SDI signals to be extended up to 10 km (32,808 ft) over standard single mode fiber optic cable. The two 12G-SDI inputs are completely independent, allowing different 12G-SDI rates to be carried on each channel.
Designed for use in high density openGear’s 2RU frames including AJA’s OG-X-FR frame, new DashBoard Software support on Windows®, macOS®, and Linux® offers remote control and monitoring of the openGear architecture and provides convenient and industry standard configuration, monitoring, and control options over a PC or local network.
- Video Formats: 270 Mbps - 12 Gbps, format agnostic
- Inputs: 2x Independent 12G-SDI Inputs, BNC connectors
- Outputs: 2x Independent Single-Mode LC Fiber Connectors
- Monitor via openGear DashBoard software
- Support for HDR - High Dynamic Range video
- Input Present and Input SMPTE Lock LEDs
- Automatic detection and reclocking
- 270 Mbps, 1.483 Gbps, 1.485 Gbps, 2.967 Gbps, 2.970 Gbps, 5.934 Gbps, 5.940 Gbps, 11.868 Gbps, 11.880 Gbps - Auto Select
- Nominal Wavelength; Tx: 1310 nm (typ)
- Power: 3 watts Max
- Appropriate Fiber SFP included
- Rear I/O card included
- Two slots required for each card
- Compatible with OG-X-FR, OG-3-FR, and DFR-8321 openGear frames
- Five year warranty
Example OG-FiDO-2T-12G Signal Flow Diagram
This diagram shows four OG-FiDO-2T-12G openGear cards being used in an OG-X-FR rack frame, which highlights the high density capability of the openGear platform. The rack is installed at a live concert event stage. There are eight 12G-SDI cameras being used at the live event. In pairs, these cameras are connected to the OG-FiDO-2T-12G converters, providing a 12G-SDI to fiber conversion. The OB truck has another OG-X-FR rack frame with four OG-FiDO-2R-12G openGear cards providing the fiber to 12G-SDI conversion from the fiber pairs received from the stage. These eight 12G-SDI feeds are driving the OB truck production gallery monitors with ultra low latency.
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your openGear installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
OpenGear products are covered by a generous five year international warranty. Please see the individual Product’s Manual for additional specifics around warranty conditions for the product itself.