4K UHD Frame Synchronizer
Product by: Ross Video Limited
- Flow Diagrams
- Rear Module
GATOR-SYNC is a frame synchronizer is the ideal solution for synchronizing, timing and processing both audio and video in SDI formats from HD to 12G-SDI. It features 4 channels, each supporting independent resolutions, providing superior density and flexibility.
GATOR-SYNC supports all popular formats, including 720p, 1080i, and 1080p and 2160p. Input video format is automatically detected to simplify operation combined with an onboard test pattern generator, with user selectable patterns in the event of input signal loss. The input signal is locked and re-timed to the reference input, with an additional adjustable delay of multiple frames, with an adjustable audio offset per channel.
Audio processing of up to 16 embedded audio channels per SDI stream includes: independent sample rate conversion, delay, swap, sum and mute with pass-through support for Dolby E or Dolby Digital. Embedding of discrete audio inputs and extraction of embedded audio to discrete audio outputs will be available in a future release using one of the different types of rear modules planned for Gator. In the meantime, audio embedding and extraction to/from 12G-SDI I/O and MADI is available using our Ultrix connectivity platform.
- 4 Independent frame synchronizer channels.
- Supports 720p / 1080i / 1080p / 2160p
- 16 channels of embedded audio per SDI stream
- Audio sample-rate conversion to ensure seamless audio
- Onboard audio proc amp, including individually assignable audio delay, shuffle, sum, and mute
- Loss of input signal detection (freeze or matte outputs)
- Auto input format detection
- Programmable Video delay:
- HD: 79 frames
- UHD: 14 frames
- Programmable audio offset from video per channel, +/- 500ms
- Non-PCM audio (e.g. Dolby®) pass-through
- Passes ancillary VANC Data
- Full software configuration and signal status, via Dashboard control system.
- 5-year transferable warranty