3G / HD / SD SDI Multi-Function Format Converter with Unbalanced Audio
Product by: Ross Video Limited
- Flow Diagrams
- Rear Module
The UDC-8625A-A is a multi-function solution for Up / Down / Cross, ARC Conversion, audio embedding and de-embedding, discrete audio processing, Keying, Logo Insertion, A/B Mixing, all with audio video processing, timing, and synchronization.
The UDC-8625A-A Format Converter
A feature rich 3G / HD / SD converter that supports all traditional formats including 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480i, and 576i. Audio and video synchronization is combined with a signal processor, offering full control of the 16 channels of audio with gain, invert, shuffle and sample rate conversion. Video processing offers adjustment for luma / chroma gain plus black offset with metadata processing including AFD processing and insertion. Pillar bar / letter box (wings) insertion can be achieved with the external fill signal or internally from the logo inserter. ARC configurations can be saved and recalled via GPI or DashBoard. A/B inputs can be configured to V-Fade or operate in an auto fail-safe mode selecting the secondary input on failure / absence of the primary input.
The UDC-8625A-A Audio Processor
The UDC-8625A-A offers everything the UDC-8625A does with the addition of discrete audio processing. The 8 AES I/O can be used as 8 AES inputs, 8 AES outputs, or 4 AES in / 4 AES out and offer embedding, deembedding and full discrete audio processing functions.
The UDC-8625A-A Keyer
The UDC-8625A-A can be operated as a keyer using the external Key / Fill inputs to key over the PGM input. The operation can be extended to allow for mixing of the background with V-Fade transitions behind the keyer by using the second background input.
The UDC-8625A-A Logo Inserter
The UDC-8625A-A offers internal 2Gb storage for logo insertion that supports static and animated playout with support for TGA, GIF, PNG, BMP, and JPG file formats.
The UDC-8625A-A A/B Mixer
For downstream signal mixing the UDC-8625A-A offers a full audio / video mixing engine that can be configured to perform Fade-Fade, Take-Fade, or Fade-Take transitions with selectable rate control.
Any combination, as required!
The UDC-8625A-A offers complete remote control and monitoring via the DashBoard Control System. Automation support is offered via RS-422 serial control and / or GPI combined with direct Ethernet connectivity for media transfer.
- Up / down / cross, ARC conversion of all traditional formats 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480i, 576i
- Audio / video frame sync with processing
– Audio, 16 channel embedded processor: gain, invert, shuffle, sample rate conversion
– Video, luma / chroma gain and black offset
– Metadata with AFD processing and insertion
- 8 configurable AES I/O: 8 in; 8 out; 4 in / 4 out
- Simultaneous audio embedding and / or de-embedding
- Full discrete AES audio processing, delayed relative to the video
- Simultaneous discrete and embedded processing
- 75Ω unbalanced or 110Ω balanced I/O
- Primary / secondary fail-safe input with auto-changeover
- Internal or external pillar bar / letter box graphic insertion
- Ability to create and recall ARC configuration profiles
- Keying with external key / fill inputs
- Logo insertion with 2Gb animation store supporting TGA, GIF, PNG, BMP, and JPG
- A/B background mixing with Fade-Fade, Take-Fade, Fade-Take
- Automation control via serial RS-422 and/or GPI
- Dedicated Ethernet port for media transfer
- 5-year transferable warranty