TSD-100 Transport Stream Detector
Transport Stream Detector
Product by: Ross Video Limited
- Flow Diagrams
- Rear Module
Detect and monitor up to 8 PIDs assigned to SCTE-35 triggers and signal external devices with GPI/O.
The TSD-100 analyzes an MPEG-2 transport stream to identify occurrences of selected components. For example, when SCTE-35 triggers are carried in operator specified PIDs, the TSD-100 can simply use the presence of these PIDs or use the splice commands contained within, to assert a GPI/O output to alert an operator or downstream equipment to the occurrence of the SCTE-35 trigger.
The TSD-100 provides a number of innovative tools to simplify your workflow. For example:
- In “SCTE-35 trigger” mode, GPI/O outputs are controlled by splice-insert commands.
- In “PID detected” mode, each GPI/O output is triggered by the arrival of a transport stream packet with the selected PID, and is then negated after a user-specified timeout.
- Each GPI/O output has an associated user-specified timeout. This lets you control the duration of the output pulse to meet your system requirements.
- Each GPI/O output can indicate either the presence or the absence of the specified PID.
Detect selected components of an MPEG-2 Transport Stream:
- Digital Program Insertion Triggers (notification of splice points) (SCTE-35)
- User-defined data / triggers
The TSD-100 facilitates:
- Confidence checking of digital insertion triggers prior to distribution
- Notification to monitoring systems
- Triggering of downstream equipment
- Maintains DPI trigger log that can be consulted through DashBoard and downloaded to a PC
- 5-year transferable warranty