Remote GPI VANC Transmission
Product by: Ross Video Limited
- Flow Diagrams
- Rear Module
Encodes or decodes up to 8 GPIs as VANC packets.
The GPI-100 enables GPI/O triggers to be carried in the Vertical Ancillary (VANC) data area of an SDI (SMPTE 259M), or HD SDI (SMPTE 292M) video signal, in accordance with SMPTE 291 and other related standards. The GPI-100, as an encoder, reads GPI/O inputs and inserts them into the VANC. As a decoder, it reads the VANC and applies the data to GPI/O outputs. This allows GPI/O enabled equipment to be triggered remotely through the video path.
The GPI-100 provides a simple interface allowing the carriage of GPI/O triggers as part of the video signal. For example:
- The card is set to act as an encoder or a decoder. This determines if the card will read and place the GPI/Os into the VANC (encode) or read the VANC and assert the GPI/Os (decode).
- GPI/O triggers are logged both to the screen and to a log file. The log file can be transferred from the card to the PC.
- Entries in the log file are time stamped. The GPI-100 can be set to use an NTP time server, timecode or its own internal clock as its time reference.
- One GPI-100 can insert trigger for many GPI-100s acting as receivers. There are 8 GPI/Os available and a receiver can act on all or some of them.
Remote GPI Transmission:
- Carry 8 GPIs
- Card can be set as encoder or decoder
- 1 encoder can transmit to multiple decoders
- Decoders can selectively respond to some or all GPIs
- Protects equipment from being triggered by other originators
- Logging feature
The GPI-100 provides remote control of:
- Station equipment
- Logo insertion equipment
- Replaces obsolete cue tone equipment
- 5-year transferable warranty