Dual 2×1 or 4×2 HD / SD SDI Switch
Product by: Ross Video Limited
- Flow Diagrams
- Rear Module
A convenient and economical solution for systems requiring switching of up to 4 input video sources, SDI and / or HD SDI, to 1 or 2 outputs.
The DSS-8224 can be configured as a pair of independent 2×1 switches or as a pair of 4×1 switches with common inputs. The DSS-8224 accepts common serial digital signals at 143, 270, 360, 540Mb/s and 1.485Gb/s. All switches are performed in the vertical interval, timed to an external reference. Each switch can be controlled locally at the card-edge by an optional RCM-8120 control module or by GPI. DashBoard and optional SNMP monitoring is provided for input presence, reference present and output status.
The DSS-8224 can be combined, on a common control system, with the AVS-8764 to perform multi-level, analog video, AES audio, and HD / SD SDI switching.
The DSS-8224 can be configured in auto-changeover mode. In this mode, the secondary input is selected when the primary is lost or lock cannot be achieved.
- Dual 2×1 or 4×2 modes
- 2 switches on a single module
- Switches HD SDI and SD serial digital video (143Mb/s to 1.485Gb/s)
- 4 HD / SD SDI inputs, 2 reclocked outputs
- Configurable to 4×2, 4×1, 2×1, or dual 2×1 switch
- 20 2×1 / 10 4×2 switches in 2RU
- Input selection saved to non-volatile RAM
- Vertical interval switching compliant with SMPTE RP168-2002
- Indicators for input signal presence and reference
- Flexible control, remote RCM-8120 module, GPI, card-edge
- 5-year transferable warranty
- Power: 4.5 watts