VANC Captioning CDP Analyzer
Product by: Ross Video Limited
- Flow Diagrams
- Rear Module
Monitor caption distribution packets for compliance and prevent caption errors within VANC.
The CDP-100 monitors captioning CDPs in a SMPTE 292 signal for compliance to the SMPTE 334 standard. It reports and logs any variances from the standard.
The card can either run continuously and log errors or stop when it encounters an error. When stopping on an error it can stop immediately or it can stop so that the capture buffer is centered on the error. The product keeps track of when errors occur. Errors can be set to be handled as errors, as warning or to be ignored.
Monitoring can be done as an overlay on the video and / or through the DashBoard interface.
In DashBoard there are controls for running, stopping and clearing errors. There is a log of all errors and the time when each occurred. There is an upload facility to allow the captured CDPs to be moved to a PC for further analysis.
- Use at media ingest to help reject poorly captioned content
- Catching subtle caption errors before they cause problems further down the broadcast chain
- Isolating issues with broadcast equipment and providing a detailed analysis which can be passed on to the manufacturer
- Used by manufacturers to provide compliance with the captioning standards
- 5-year transferable warranty