Advanced Audio Processor
Product by: Ross Video Limited
- Flow Diagrams
- Rear Module
Advanced Audio Processor with software-defined DSP audio processing toolbox.
(Dolby encode/decode & automatic loudness levelling with full embedding and de-embedding)
The AAP-8644 is a 3G/HD/SD-SDI Advanced Audio Processor offering extensive software-defined DSP audio processing toolbox including Dolby encode/decode, automatic loudness levelling with full embedding and de-embedding. The card also offers an advanced Audio/Video QC option with hardware relay bypass, offering a flexible ACO solution for your critical signal path.
This is the only audio processor that you’ll need for treating contribution feeds and/or for processing of audio in master control prior to transmission. The AAP can deal with Dolby-encoded inputs (either discrete or embedded), perform loudness levelling for CALM compliance and re-encode Dolby digital for transmission, all in a single card. Additionally, the AAP-8644 provides flexibility for audio shuffling, routing, embed, de-embed and gain adjustments to tame your audio distribution.
- Extensive audio processing toolbox simplifies audio processing in ingest, production and master control.
- Scalable DSP Processing allows multiple audio processing functions to be cascaded for customizable audio workflow. The card can be upgraded in the future to extend their capability as needs in a facility change.
- Multiple signal paths, each configurable with separate audio processing. Handles multiple languages, surround, stereo and more, all in the same card.
- Flexible I/O, including analog, AES and embedded with integrated audio crosspoint. Combine embedded and discrete audio sources freely.
- Advanced Audio/Video QC option monitors your stream and triggers backups in failure scenarios, with optional relay bypass protection.
- Remote Control and monitoring via Dashboard™ software
- Backed by legendary Ross Support
- DSP-based platform supports multiple audio DSP options
- Standard features
- Gain, invert, smooth delay, and flexible mixing
- Full audio crosspoint
- 1-to-stereo downmix available for all audio outputs
- Independent Audio and Video delay control
- Timecode insertion
- Licensable DSP Processing Features
- Dolby® encoding/decoding
- Dolby® Real-Time Loudness Leveling (RTLL) CALM-compliant loudness leveling
- Linear Acoustic® UPMAX™ surround upmix
- Framesync and audio/video delay
- A/V QC and changeover, including relay bypass with R2C-8644 rear module
- High-density design – Up to 10 cards per openGear frame
- 4 SD/HD/3G-SDI Inputs, 4 SD/HD/3G-SDI Outputs
- 8 AES inputs (16 channels), 8 AES outputs (16 channels)
- Optional -R2C rear module adds 4 Analog inputs, 4 analog outputs, CVBS in and out.
- Discrete Audio Input/Outputs
- AES-3id 75Ω inputs (8 pair (16-Ch) max)
- AES-3id 75Ω outputs (8 pair (16-Ch) max)
- Input AES SRC Range: 32 to 96 kHz
- SDI Input/Outputs
- Up to 4x 75Ω BNC inputs
- Up to 4x 75Ω BNC outputs (selectable as processed SDI IN or IN RCK)
- SDI Formats Supported: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424M
- CVBS Video Input/Outputs
- 1x 75Ω BNC input
- 1x 75Ω BNC output
- 24 Watts (includes +DSP options)
- Five-year warranty